Thursday, February 8, 2007

RENT VS OWN

I'll my life I have wanted to own my own home. How wonderful it would be to own our own home. I mean just think of the possibilities. You could hang a picture anywhere you wanted, (and if your like me put as many holes in the wall to hang said picture) you can tear down the ugly paneling or put up ugly paneling, whichever you wanted. I was always so excited about the possibilities. Dreaming of what it would look like how many rooms or bathrooms it would have. It was one of my favorite things to dream about, and even though I now have a home of my own I still like to dream and plan the next home of my dreams.

But I digress with all my dreaming I thought owning would be this wonderful magical thing. That nothing would ever go wrong, and we would always have the money to make the improvements that we wanted to. Now that the wool has been pulled out from in front of me I'm starting to think that renting is better. After all if the pipes brake or the dishwasher stops running all you have to do is call the landlady and she has to find someone to fix it. Or when I'm tired of looking at the same four walls day in and day out I can pick up a paper and dream of moving somewhere else.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you should be happy with what you have because the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the differance between renting and owning and I say owning your own home is still best!!!!!

You might not have a landlord to fix things but you alson dont have a landlord telling you what you can and cant do!!!!

debbie said...

tell me about it. I just spent $ fixing toilets and now I have to spend more $ fixing a cent. vac unit.

It's always something.

Harper Family said...

Now that is a great observation... But when said fixing is done, you still have the tax break!

Anonymous said...

wendy, you rally dont need a tax break from a house when you have a dozen kids. lol just kidding april.

heidi